Friday, February 19, 2010

Carnevale in Viareggio, Italy

I was able to go up on a ferris wheel to get the picture of the whole street. Can you see the ocean in the background?


These are some pictures from my trip with my host Family to a beach town called Viareggio, which is about an hour West of Florence. There were many people there and it reminded me a little of The Keene Pumpkin Festival with all of the costumes and yummy food! But then there were these amazing parade floats! I have never seen such impressive floats before. They all had moving parts, music playing and people dancing on them! It was such a fun day! There were also many people dressed up like this cutie who was wearing some fuzzy costume. It was fun to see many families dressed alike, I saw a family of bees, a skunk family, ladybugs, dalmatians and many more costumes, but unlike Halloween these costumes weren't scary, mostly cute and funny. Our whole family dressed up. I was a Renaissance lady, my host father, Paolo, was a clown, my 12 year-old host sister, Catarina, was a disco dancer, and my 8 year-old host sister Martina was a Spanish dancer. The other students who lived in the house dressed up as Michael Jackson, Sandy from Greese, Tinkerbell, and a little girl. We had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment